DMR Digital Radio
DMR (Digital Mobile Radio) is a digital TDMA (time division multiple access) radio protocol. The DMR radio protocol meets the FCC narrowband requirements, providing both narrowband and very-narrowband (6.25KHz) channel efficiency. The DMR protocol allows for secure and efficient communications, while using only a small footprint and providing an abundance of useful features and options.
Terrycomm designs, integrates, and installs DMR radio systems manufactured by Motorola (MotoTRBO) and Vertex Standard (eVerge). Both DMR implentations provide a variety of useful feature to empower your communications and operations.
Common functions of DMR subscriber radios include:
- Selective and group calling - Make radio calls to specific radios, or to entire groups/departments
- Text Messaging - The DMR radio protocol allows for the sending of short text messages, either from a dispatcher or radio user in the field
- Remote Radio Disable - Allows a radio you be remotely disabled and re-enabled if it is causing system related issues, or if it falls in to the wrong hands
Common DMR system functions include:
- A single DMR repeater can handle two voice coversations at one time through the use of TDMA technology
- Most DMR systems allow for over-the-air programming
- DMR radio systems can be connected over IP to bridge communication systems that are geographically separated
DMR radios systems allow for a variety of configurations and provide an abundance of features and options for many applications. DMR systems can be set up for single and multi-site conventional operation, as well as single and multi-site trunking operation. The vast abilities and features of DMR radio systems mean that we can design and implement a DMR radio solution that will meet and exceed your organization's communication requirements.
To learn more about the DMR Digital Radio platform and how it can empower your business communications, please feel free to contact us. For more information on specific DMR radio products, please see the documents below.